BENEFITS OF POP WARNER Here are a few of the many reasons you should join Pop Warner:
- NO TRYOUTS! – Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
- Programs in Several States & Countries – Pop Warner has active programs in several states and countries around the world.
- More than just athletes! – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to ay.
- Little Scholars Program – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
- Stability – Pop Warner is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin, we now have over 120 leagues and over 325,000 members.
- Pop Warner National Championships – Each year, Pop Warner hosts the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships. For the past 11 years, the event has taken place at PN's Wide World of Sports Complex™ at Disney World. More than 300 cheer and dance squads and 72 football teams compete for the right to be crowned Pop Warner National Champion.
- National Scholar Banquet – Pop Warner hosts an awards program each year to celebrate the accomplishments of our participants. Nationally, we select First Team, Second Team and Honorable ntion All-American Scholars.
- College Scholarships - Each year, Rockland County Pop Warner awards scholarships for higher education to the most deserving students in our highest grade levels. Pop Warner is proud to have awarded over $1.35M in holarships since 1993!
- Mandatory Play Requirements – Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
- Age-Weight Structure – Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. We set and enforce a strict AGE & WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
AGES & WEIGHTS
There are Seven Divisions of play, all determined by a strict age/weight scale to ensure safe and balanced competition.
|Age/Weight Division||Age(s)||Certification Weight||End of Season Weight|
|TINY-MITE||5-6-7||35-75 lbs.||79 lbs.|
|MITEY-MITE||7-8-9||45-100 lbs.||104 lbs.|
|JR. PEE WEE
|UNLIMITED||11-12-13-14||105 lbs. minimum|
In-Season weekly weight 1 lb. Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 (Max. of 4 lbs.), additional 1 lb. at Super Bowl.
* The asterisked provisions in each division allow the so-called "older but lighter" player to also qualify. The last year of eligibility falls under more stringent weight restrictions, per above. A child's age on July 31 is his/her age for the season